Saturday, January 24, 2009

No. six out of six out of six....

Yesterday I was challenged by my old friend GAWO to go to the 6th picture folder, take the 6th picture and present that with the story behind the picture. Normally I'm not terribly fond of such challenges, but what are friends for if one can't accept such things?

My problem is that I store my pictures in a semi-chronological order; that is: year followed by month, but with the odd special occasion (typical Holidays in addition) also. On top of that, under each of these are the folders for pictures that have been processed. Of course one can choose to sort each folder according to the alphabet, date taken, date processed, up-wards or downwards or what-ever until one finds one that can be used.

In-stead I found that it was easier to go to the area where I store the files that have been used on one of my blogs or on my now dormant home-page. There at least there are some normal groupings. The 6th folder contains pictures from travels abroad and the 6th picture according to day taken was the one above - the Eiffel Tower in Paris. The typical picture-postcard tourist snap-shot. It was first presented 1n 2008 in a post in Mrs. Nesbitt's ABC Wednesday.

So to the story behind the picture:

It was taken on May 31. 2005. I had not intended to go to Paris at all. However, my then soon-to-be 16 years old son was going there with part of his French-group at school together with two teachers. Less than 24 hours before departure I got a phone call from the French-teacher saying that the other teacher had become ill and could I step in. After a hasty family council, we decided that I should do so. Luckily I had some unused holiday I could draw upon, and I managed to get someone else to take a scheduled lecture for me and off we went.

It all went very well, with the French-teacher, myself, my son and a small bevy of 16 years old girls...

16 comments:

Anemone said...

Jøss så flott, men "take me there..."

Ida said...

Ett flott minne fra en helt sikkert opplevelsesrik "på sparket tur". :)

Takk for forklaringene på min blogg i går, om HTML koder osv.
Det skjer sikkert noe når jeg markerer og flytter tekst ja...
De kodene er bare ett stort virrvarr for meg.... Hehe.
Men, å gå inn og flytte teksten under HTML, nei det tørr jeg ikke.... Det er så lett å ødelegge dem. Jeg strekker meg til å slette og å flytte bilder innimellom. Akkurat det er oversiktlig for blondiner også. ;) Lenger enn det kommer jeg ikke, nei. ;)
Kanskje, en vakker dag.
Er en enkel blogger fra Sotra, vet du. ;)

Ha en fin lørdag!

Malyss said...

A place I know very well...I was sure it could not be this year, The tower is decorated in different ways , according to events .Even if you say it's a tourist's shot, it is always a beautyful place to picture.And, as we say in France, "Paris sera toujours Paris" (Paris will always be Paris).I'm glad you enjoyed your french trip!

Jeni said...

And a beautiful shot it is -for sure! I do especially appreciate photos like this, of places around the world as it gives me a chance to travel along with the photographers and to see sights I will never have the opportunity to see in person. Granted, I have seen other photos before of the Eiffel Tower but still -always nice to see more of the famous sights isn't it?

Malyss said...

OK, I followed the link and could see your film.Last time I went to Paris was in july 2008, but last time I was ON Eiffel tower must be something like more than 30 years ago!!memories, memories...thanks for sharing!

imac said...

Ah - I remember it well - er - well I think I do.lol.
About 3 years aho we went to paris, my best part was visiting the Glass Pyimid( which was featured in Dan Browns book and film)

AVCr8teur said...

Magnificient shot and the clouds were cooperating! I hope you had a wonderful time and got to see the flashing Eiffel Tower at night.

Thank you for your comment on my blog. I am glad to see full service still exist somewhere in the world and lead additive has been removed in Norway and most parts of the world.

Anne-Berit said...

Veldig fint bilde,og jammen var det heldig for deg at den læreren ikke kunne dra,så du fikk oppleve den turen.

GAWO said...

Sukk, sukk, drømme, drømme. Gjett om jeg har lyst til å oppleve Paris. Og etter dette fantastiske bilde Rune har jeg fått frisket opp reiselysten. Nå MÅ jeg gjøre alvor av å ta en tur. Kanskje jeg ender opp med en sånn på-sparket-tur som du hadde. Tusen takk for at du tok utfordringen. Og jeg er meget, meget fornøyd med løsning av oppgave. :-)
Ønsker deg en fin lørdagskveld.

Your EG Tour Guide said...

Classic photo with an entertaining story. Great post, Rune. ;-)

Barbara Martin said...

It's always interesting to learn the story behind the photos. A 16-year old boy with a small bevy of 16 year old girls...in Paris. He must have been in heaven.

Monica said...

Så flott! Nå fikk jeg lyst til å reise tilbake til Paris...Fantastisk flott by:) Og på toppen av Eiffeltårnet er det i alle fall god utsikt;)

Lew said...

Great shot of this wonderful landmark! And a great sky watch too.

PERBS said...

That was a wonderful opportunity for you and you have memories to last a lifetime -- especially with all those teenage girls. Enjoyed seeing a re-run of it!

John said...

Dette var meget meget flott Rune.
Komposisjon, farger og lys sitter som et skudd.

RennyBA said...

Great picture - well captured!

I did not know you where tagged on a photo meme, but take this as your contribution to my challenge to you too :-)