Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Leaves of many colours

It may still be summer in the northern hemisphere, but we all know that autumn with its many-coloured leaves are getting closer. However, coloured leaves can be found in summer too. I'll show you a couple of examples.

The first one is from a copper beech that we have beside our cottage. It is close to 50 years old, but we have tried to cut and shape it every year so that it doesn't overwhelm the cottage completely. It always amazes me that the new leaves get red - not green. BTW, The leaf is still on the tree - I haven't removed it for the photo.


I found the next bush while out walking the other day. I have never, ever, seen a blue leaf on an ordinary bush or tree. Somebody must have been playing around with a spray can.

Anything for a good shot!

14 comments:

Abraham Lincoln said...

I like your leaves. I have never seen a blue leaf before. I wonder if it is natural or spray painted?

hpy said...

Eukalyptustradet har ocksa blaa blad, isynnerhet da det ar ungt. Men inte sa har bla!
Tack for besoket!

naturglede said...

Du verden så vakre blader. Du spurte hva "flua" inne hos meg heter på norsk? Det er en mosaikkøyenstikker og den er stor, vakker og flott.

Daniel J Santos said...

wonderful colors, excellent images.

Petunia said...

Ser ut som bunnsmøring spør du meg. Kanskje det er den flygende hollender som var her i forbindelse med helgens begivenhet?
Har noe til deg på bloggen min i dag! Værsågod!

Michele (Rocky Mtn.Girl) said...

Ah, your leaf shots are spectacular... clear and crisp... details are outstanding! My dream is to own a good macro lens!
I love the blue leaf... artistic and creative minds of those that walk the forest paths! =D Makes for great photography!
Mountain Retreat

Louise said...

Nice pictures. I was thinking that blue one seemed a bit tropical for your region, but then I read that it must have been painted.

Neva said...

I would agree as well about the spray paint......or maybe bird pooed on it?

中島 彰信 said...

All your pictures are so beautiful.I'd like to visit sometime.

AVCR8TEUR said...

Those bluish-green leaves look lovely almost like glass art in the sunshine. I guess they must have been spray painted because I can see some blue on the stem.

Ivar Ivrig said...

Kanonbilder, Skarpe og med flotte farger. Til inspirasjon :-)

Tommy said...

I also have never seen a blue leaf. Love the pictures.

Kerri said...

OH, theses are beautiful!!! Well Done!!

Paulie said...

I wonder if they are real leaves now -- maybe some artificial leaves placed among the real ones? I like the blue anyway.

I have seen blue leaves on a berry bush but have no idea what it is or even if the berries are edible.