From time to time one takes pictures of the same subject. Now, why should one do that? Isn't a subject once taken - taken for good?
No, it isn't. Here we have three photos of the same lamp. The main one on top was taken yesterday while the two below were taken previously and have been posted on SWF before (1 & 2). So what are the differences? Here are some:
1. The last one was taken with the sun from the back while the others with the sun from the front or partially from the side (in fact, the one today shows the other side of the lamp!)
2. The time of year are different - i.a. the seasons were different
3. There are differences in the background
4. The weather were different
5. The colour of the light were very different
6. The equipment was wholly or partially different
7. The digital exposure and treatment were different - today's post started as RAW; the others as JPEGs (thanks to Jim, John and Abe for tips)
6. I was different - i.a. my mood may have been different, I may have become a "different" photographer or whatever
I suppose I could have gone on forever.
PS SKY WATCH FRIDAY has got its own site!