Wednesday, December 05, 2007

T for Tooth


Two postings about Ts? Why not? One "serious", and one literally "tongue in cheek"? This is (some of ) what Wikipedia has to say on the subject:

Teeth (singular, tooth) are structures found in the jaws (or mouths) of many vertebrates that are used to tear, scrape, and chew food. Some animals, particularly carnivores, also use teeth for hunting or defense. The roots of teeth are covered by gums.

Teeth are among the most distinctive (and long-lasting) features of mammal species. Paleontologists use teeth to identify fossil species and determine their relationships. The shape of an animal's teeth is related to its diet. For example, plant matter is hard to digest, so herbivores have many molars for chewing. Carnivores, on the other hand, need canines to kill and tear meat.

As you can see, something to bite something or someone with. There are large teeth and small teeth. We all like them to look like the ones above.

For the younger generation, the primary teeth can be a source of much needed income. Aided by the tooth-fairy and a glass of water


- a derelict and lost tooth can be converted to a new and shiny coin.

15 comments:

Jim Baker said...

whose teeth are those they are sure VERY white.

and the tooth fairy! excellent...

i had my wisdom teeth taken out when I was in high school and they put me under (anesthesia) and I had my dad there with me to drive me home and the next morning theres a note on my sink that says nice teeth with $40. I asked my parents what was going on and they said that I insisted when I came up out of surgery that I have my teeth for the tooth fairy and I kept like searching around for them. I don't remember any of this because I was drugged up...crazy story huh?

thanks for stopping by and seeing my post about T.

jim baker

david mcmahon said...

Love the second shot!

dot said...

Cute post! I know many people who wish they had taken better care of their teeth.

Digital Flower Pictures said...

Great shots. My dentist just got a Nikon D80 and puts your teeth up on the screen and in my case points out what's wrong.

Happy Thursday (by now) to you.

Mr. Mapper said...

Wow some close up

Lara said...

great post!

Mike said...

The teeth are certainly in good shape. Very white indeed. The tooth fairy costs me £5 a tooth these days. It's scandalous.

photowannabe said...

One never knows what the alphabet picture is going to be. What a variety. Fun posts Rune.

RuneE said...

Thank you all for appreciative comments! It seems that many countries have some tradition incorporating a tooth-fairy of some sort. Alas - also in Norway the cost of her services has doubled since this picture was taken...

Peter M said...

Let the tooth be known, I stuck my head under my pillow and the fairy took em all lol

GAWO said...

Er det en 05`r som er blitt til en 10`r??
Likte din vri på T=tann idag.

RuneE said...

Det er det nok. 85 om ikke jeg ser feil. Den tilhørte i sin tid min sønn som fyller 18 på søndag! Du kan jo gjette i hvilken forbindelse jeg i sin tid tok bildene...

Lynda Lehmann said...

Beautiful set of choppers here and a creative post!

I miss the days when I could believe in the tooth fairy! Not even my daughter believes in her/him? anymore!

RuneE said...

The tooth fairy is like Santa Clause: Everybody want them around, but nobody believes in them.

Ackworth Born said...

the trouble with my teeth today is that sometimes they mistake my tongue for food!