Monday, December 17, 2007

More about headers

Mishka OP is one of those humans who seems to spend their life helping other Bloggers getting things fixed. I posted the following today at Blogger help:

Turns out that Blogger modifies the pictures when they are uploaded so
even if you try to upload a 900px picture to cover the entire banner
area on a stretch or lefty template, it won't do it anymore....the
biggest you can get is a 740 with new uploads (apparently this changed
a couple of months ago). Those that uploaded larger pictures a while
back and have stayed with them are able to get some of them to stay
wide.
He has helped some to get headers up to this size, but I have used a much larger one and seem to be lost.

Another person has stated that there will be no return to the former situation in Blogger, but that there might be options for sizing of pictures in the header - within limits.

Does anyone know of other good hosts for blogging?

5 comments:

Marie said...

Eg har skrive kommentar under sist innlegg.

Annie said...

I have only played around on Blogger but I know lots of people have left for Wordpress because there were frustrated with Blogger's limiations.

Lilli & Nevada said...

This is my first blog so have no clue. sorry you are having so much trouble.

RuneE said...

Annie - Thank you, I'll look into it.

Anna said...

Is this a problem with the New Blogger? I still use the old version. Also, I host my header and background stuff elsewhere, along with most of my images.

I know I have some friends who have had problems with this, but I didn't know how to help them.