Friday, November 23, 2007

Another Sky Watch Friday

Updated version at the end!!

This time I have a small collection of pictures where the sky is a prominent element. However - I must admit that what is in the foreground usually dominates the pictures. Tell me how you feel about this!


When I first looked at this lamppost I thought that the light was still on. It wasn't. It is a reflection of the rising sun.


We have lots of lampposts, but we have also lots of herring gulls. A very common combination around here.


The gull (it is the same gull!) has now moved to the top of a chimney.


We also have crows around here. They seem to prefer another type of masts, though...

If you feel that these pictures don't quite qualify for Sky Watch Friday, please have a look at the one on my Norwegian page Runes TX-Blog. In that on there is definitely an object in the sky...

Updated version:
I caught the full moon today with a perfect sky - a seldom occurrence around here. Since it is still Friday I just couldn't wait a week for another Sky Watch Friday. So here goes:


I am sorry about the "burnout" of the moon itself, but that is a problem with digital cameras and high contrast images. Just to show you - I also have a picture of the moon itself.


However, this also shows another limitation with digital photography - noise from the CCD-chip when the ISO setting gets to high and there is little "life" in the picture.

BTW - both pictures were taken from my terrace.

24 comments:

Paulie said...

Your photos qualify for sky photos! But I will check out the other page too. i enjoyed the first one best knowing it was a refection of the sunrise effect.

RuneE said...

That's my favourite too. I had to look twice at the lamp to see that it was not turned on.

dot said...

As the starter of Sky Watch I didn't make any strict rules. I just want everyone to have fun with it. YOur pictures are excellent!

Kerri said...

They all look great to me - but my favorite is the first one!!

RUTH said...

They look great to me...it's interesting to things against the skies background :o)

RuneE said...

Thank you all for the nice comments! It is much appreciated by a newbie.

mrsnesbitt said...

Welcome to skywatch Friday! Great to have another member!
We have an ABC Wednesday too if you are interested.
Give me a shout if you are...this week it is something (and anything) beginning with...."S"

Dick said...

Very nice Skywatch, the Moon photos are super.

RuneE said...

Msrnesbitt: Thank you for the invitation - sounds fun. I'll find the dictionary...

Dick: Thank you!

Andrea said...

Wonderful pictures. I enjoy looking through your blog.

Sharon said...

"Limitations" be darned, these are great! :) I really like the lamppost with the setting sun. Very nice!

Marie said...

Beautiful!

Maret said...

Dette var verkeleg vakkert. Det er noko med at "bakom skyene er himmelen alltid blå". Og selv om storm og ruskevær kan være skikkeligt fasinerande, er det ikke sant at det stort sett regner på vestlandet.
Det har du verkeleg bevist - godt jobba.
God helg.....

Ida said...

I agree. The first one is a great capture. With the light from the sun. :)
When that is said, i like the others also! Birds looking for food. Always hungry.... ;)

The fullmoon photos are good as well! I can see details on the moon.
But i don`t have a clue about the technical issues..... ;)

Lilli & Nevada said...

Great set of photos.I love the moon shot the best

Kerri said...

Wow - I had to come back and take a look....those moon shots are wonderful!!!! Glad you didn't wait until next Friday :)

Sandy Carlson said...

Great photos you have here. Great for us you keep a careful eye on the sky!

RuneE said...

Thank you all for nice comments - praise is always of value to a photographer! I'll have to start collecting snaps for next Friday.

Petunia said...

Her var det mange fine himmelbilder! Jeg elsker fugler, så her var det mange som jeg likte. Takk for kommentar inne på fotobloggen min:)

Suzi-k said...

i really enjoyed these, the one with the tangle of telephone wires really appealed to me, and of course the moon over water.

GAWO said...

They all look interesting and great to me. :-) And your moon photos are exellent.

Du skifter sidene på bloggen fortere enn jeg klarer å følge med :-) Er enig med deg i at sort bakgrunn er finest til bilder.
... Nå må jeg hoppe tilbake og lese mer i bloggen din. :-)

PS. Det er så kjedelig med å skrive inn koden i "ordbekreftelsen" for hver kommentar. Jeg blir glad om du tar den bort :-)

RuneE said...

Tusen takk for det!:-)

Jeg vet ikke riktig om alle forandringene er slutt enda, men det blir nok mest "småpuss" en stund.

Jeg skulle gjerne gjort deg glad ;-) , men jeg ble anbefalt av folk som ble plaget av unødig mye blogg-spam om å innføre det. Vi kan jo høre i "miljøet" om hvor stort det problemet egentlig er.

GAWO said...

Ja la oss høre hva ekspertene sier ang. blog spam.

Jeg har ikke hatt noe sånt på mine sider... men kanskje jeg gjør lurest i å få tilbake bokstavkoden på kommentarsiden min???

RuneE said...

Jeg er enig i at det kan være noe herk, så jeg kan se om jeg få lagt inn noen spørsmål om det her og der.

Vi kan jo kjøre hver vår politikk en liten stund og så sammenligne.