Monday, September 18, 2006

Newgrange


It has been quiet on this Blog for a while. This is for a very good reason: I have been away. My job brought me to Ireland. Now, this is a Blog called VisualNorway, and one would suppose that the editor kept himself to Norwegian subjects. But since I am also the "owner" of this Blog I have given myself leave to show you this picture from Newgrange. Newgrange is one of the pasage graves in a complex called Brú na Bóinne.

It was originally built, probably as a tomb, about 3200 years B.C. This makes it 500 years older than the Pyramids of Egypt and 1000 years older than Stonehenge in England. It has a very advanced construction. When you go inside the chamber you really feel the centuries, not to say millenia, looking down on you.

It made this Norwegian feel very small.

PS I have a couple of other pictures from Newgrange on my other Blog.

1 comment:

imac said...

Wow Rune, nope never got there.Its really interesting tho.